Since 2016, I have worked regularly for J.K. Rowling’s Pottermore on a variety of writing projects, including long-form features, UX copy, script edits and lots more. Below you can find links to some of my online features and other content.
Please note that this page is not actively linked to from any other location on this website. It is available only to those who have the link and is intended to provide samples of my written work.
Use the links below to jump to particular projects.
Wizarding World Book Club UX copy
I created all user experience (UX) copy – including themed pages and short- and long-form website copy, as well as features – for the Wizarding World Book Club, launched in June 2017, as well as the following features:
- Why is love such a powerful form of magic?
- Analysing Tom Riddle’s choices
- Why supporting Harry Potter was right, but not always easy
- Why we should try to understand Draco Malfoy
- Fred and George’s best one-liners
- What makes a witch or wizard powerful
- The importance of wizarding world colours
- The striking similarities between Harry Potter and Sirius Black
- Pottermore’s guide to immortality
- When Harry Potter got it right
- How to react when you’re not chosen as Hogwarts champion
- Why Harry Potter’s emotions are so important
- Everything we learned from the Marauders
- Pottermore’s guide to Hippogriffs
- All the myths that were debunked in Chamber of Secrets
- A-list celebrities of the wizarding world
- Everything a first-year should know about Hogwarts
- The five most heroic moments in Philosopher’s Stone
Hogwarts Experience UX copy
I created UX copy for The Hogwarts Experience, which launched in September 2017, as well as additional marketing content.
Features connected with the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Things we wish we could have told the Hogwarts students
- Pottermore’s guide to trolls
- Pottermore’s guide to dragons
- The real Nicolas Flamel
- How Ron Weasley’s wizard chess match showed his true potential
- What we learned about Dumbledore from the Mirror of Erised
- How the iconic Philosopher’s Stone locations revealed the characters
- Life lessons we can all take from Philosopher’s Stone
- Pottermore’s guide to ghosts
- What the Forbidden Forest reveals about Harry Potter characters
- Magical Objects from Philosopher’s Stone
Features connected with Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: slang terms
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: 20 Jazz Age Stars
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: The cult of celebrity
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: Classic Books
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: Boom and Bust
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: Crime and punishment in 1920s America
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: How the talkies changed Hollywood
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: New York in the 1920s
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: 20 things that happened first in the 1920s
- Pottermore’s guide to the 20s: 20 1920s pop icons
- The Dark Art of script studies
- Potion making – the development of a script
Other Pottermore features
- What is the worst spell from the wizarding world?
- 7 of Hermione’s spells that would be really useful in real life
- The pros and cons of joining the Slug Club
- Six times Sirius Black was one of the bravest Harry Potter characters
- Every puzzle Hermione solved that made us kick ourselves
- Why Harry and Hermione had the best platonic friendship
- Hermione’s recommended reading list
- How to live like Ron Weasley
- What happened to Dumbledore’s Army after Harry left Hogwarts?
- How loyal is a wand to its owner?
- Expelliarmus: exploring Harry Potter’s signature spell
- All the times Hermione Granger secretly liked breaking the rules
- 8 times we wished we were members of Dumbledore’s Army
- How the Dark Mark affected Pottermore characters
- Early uses of magic revealed in The Tales of Beedle the Bard
- Everything you need to know about Ilvermorny
- Halloween party tips from Nearly Headless Nick
- Why did Sirius Black give up being the Potter’s Secret-Keeper?
Please contact me if you would like any more information.